IMPORTANT: eMail hoax in the name of Vellore Srinivasan

I have earlier blogged in this space (link , link , link ) about the works and woes of Srinivasan of Vellore, one of our foremost green warriors in this country.

I am writing this quick entry to inform that there is an email hoax going in his name currently (and being forwarded by well meaning friends of Srini), the message is sent from his email address velloresrini@hotmail.com and as follows:

Hello I am sorry I didn't  email you about my  traveling to Europe for Education program, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe. Switzerland, Germany and United Kingdom .It as been a very sad news and bad moment for me, the present condition  that I found myself is very hard for me to explain.I am really stranded in United Kingdom because I forgot my little bag in a Taxi where my money and passport documents were kept on my way to a Hotel that am staying, I have no  more money left with me. I am now owning a hotel bill of $1200 and they wanted me to  pay the bills soon else they will have to seize my bag and hand me over to  the Hotel Management,please I need some help from you urgently to help me  back home,and I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also  need $1000 to feed and help myself back home so please can you help me  with a sum of $2200 ? to sort out this problems here I need this help so much  and on time because i am in a terrible and tight situation here,please understand how urgent i need your help.
  I am sending you this e-mail from the city of London. I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now  and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home, you need to  transfer the money through Western Union, please email me back.
Srinivasan .C


This has been sent by someone who has stolen the password and other details from Srinivasan and has sent this mail to many people in his address book. If you are in receipt of such a mail, kindly IMMEDIATELY inform all others who have received this mail that this is a hoax. Srinivasan is fine and is in Vellore at the moment. He is trying to get his email address locked up. Meanwhile, please ensure that such a hoax is not carried out in his name. Share this with others.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts