Update on Hi-Tech Ganesan, Sirkazhi


I had blogged on the amazing entrepreneur Ganesan at Sirkazhi who delivers tickets and just about everything else people want in their doorstep in this small town. I met Ganesan at his favourite haunt late last night, near the Sirkazhi bus stand.

He had moved away from the earlier location of outside a petrol station, 'there are drunkard hanging around there and it is a disturbance for my clients, women with children often board the private bus and I wanted them to feel safe and secure, so moved a little distance away', he explained, 'now all the private buses stop here', he re-assured me.

His two mobile phones have grown to three, the TVS moped had a new board announcing his most recent business expansion. 'I am now also setting up an office in Mayiladutharai which will be managed by a staff and I will continue to manage here'. 'So, when are you setting up your own shop?' I enquired. He pointed to a building under construction opposite side of the road and said, 'I want my customers to sit and relax while waiting for the bus, have booked for a shop in that building, but, the builder is taking too much time, don't know when it will be over'!

'My Sirkazhi customers can now call me from anywhere in Tamilnadu and buy tickets to wherever they want to go, as long as any of the travels for which I issue tickets have a service there, I will be able to issue tickets', he announced his latest scheme. But, why this scheme? 'You see, at times people leave from here and may be short of money, but, need to travel elsewhere, they can book tickets to me, I advance the amount to the bus service and then once they return to Sirkazhi, they can pay me', it helps them quite a bit. He went on to show duplicates of tickets he had booked from Chennai to Coimbatore for his clients! Credit facility for privileged customers at zero interest! wow! now how many corporates can claim that!!!

'I am also delivering organic food and vegetables to my customers' and thereby help the local organic farmers', he rattled in between responding to half a dozen queries from customers for in the 3 phones.

'He is there till 1:30 in the night to see that the last of his customers board the bus safely and back again at 5:00 to see off another set of early morning customers' assured my friend of that town. 'I ensure that I pay all the bus service operators on that very day itself, so that they are happy with me. Now, a new bus services is being operated, I approached them and they have immediately made me their booking agent here, I need to maintain the clean record', said Ganesan having over heard our conversation. 'You see I started with absolutely no money and now I am here because of being clean!'.

I am yet again amazed by this ingenious business person, he believes in doing anything to serve his constituency of clients at whatever hour it is required. He is certainly destined to reach greater heights.

Comments

Popular Posts